Call for Applications: Grant for PhD students to support research activity
The expenses of fieldwork, acquiring data or documents, and proofreading can be covered from the Grant. Successful applicants agree to prepare a scientific publication from their research results and present it at the Researchers’ Night organized by the Faculty.
The Grant is financed from EFOP-3.6.3-VEKOP-16-2017-00007 "From Talent to Young Researcher" project supporting researchers’ academic careers in higher education.
The maximum sum to apply for is 250 000 HUF/semester.
PhD students can apply repeatedly during their studies.
The total budget of the Grant is 2 million HUF. Applications can be submitted any time until the budget runs out but no later than 31 August 2019.
PhD students of the ELTE Faculty of Social Sciences can apply if they are registered with an “active” student status in the given semester. The aim of the Grant is to support those students’ scientific activity who pay tuition fee and are not provided other study or scientific scholarships. Thus, other scholarships provided for the applicants will be taken into account during the selection process.
Documents to be attached to the application:
- Letter of recommendation from the student’s supervisor
- Application form
- Research plan
- Abstract of the publication
- Planned time and place of publication
- Applications are to be submitted via email to the firstname.lastname@example.org address.
Applications will be evaluated continuously. The decision will be made jointly by the head of the Doctoral School of Sociology and the leader of the EFOP-3.6.3-VEKOP-16-2017-00007 project based on the recommendation of the programme heads of the Doctoral School. Applicants will be notified about the decision by email.
The Faculty will conclude a students’ work contract with the successful applicants, and the Grant will be paid at the termination of the contract if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- the grantee submits a research report,
- the grantee submits a scanned version of the publication or, in the case of online publications, the link to the publication
- the grantee indicates in the publication that it was supported by the EFOP-3.6.3-VEKOP-16-2017-00007 project.
- For more information, please contact us at email@example.com
We draw your attention to the fact that students who provide false information may be liable to disciplinary action.