Grant for PhD Students to Support Research Activity & Publication
The Grant aims at supporting PhD students in their research activities and the dissemination of their research results (in scientific publications, at conferences, or other events related to their academic field.) The expenses of fieldwork, acquiring data or documents, and proofreading can be covered from the Grant. Successful applicants agree to prepare a scientific publication from their research results and present it at the Researchers’ Night organized by the Faculty.
The maximum sum to apply for is 250 000 HUF/semester.
PhD students can apply repeatedly during their studies.
The total budget of the Grant is 2 million HUF. Applications can be submitted any time until the budget runs out but no later than 31 December 2020.
PhD students of the ELTE Faculty of Social Sciences can apply if they are registered with an “active” student status in the given semester (when submitting the application and during the implementation).
Documents to be attached to the application:
- Letter of recommendation from the student’s supervisor
- Application form
- Research plan
- Abstract of the publication
- Planned time and place of publication
Applications are to be submitted via email to the email@example.com address.
Applications will be evaluated continuously. The decision will be made jointly by the head of the Doctoral School of Sociology and the leader of the EFOP-3.6.3-VEKOP-16-2017-00007 project based on the recommendation of the programme heads of the Doctoral School. Applicants will be notified about the decision by email.
The Faculty will conclude a students’ work contract with the successful applicants, and the Grant will be paid at the termination of the contract if the following conditions are fulfilled:
- the grantee submits a research report,
- the grantee submits a scanned version of the publication or, in the case of online publications, the link to the publication
- the grantee submits a certicifate that the publication is assigned to the institution (doctoral school) in MTMT2
- the grantee indicates in the publication that it was supported by the EFOP-3.6.3-VEKOP-16-2017-00007 project.
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We draw your attention to the fact that students who provide false information may be liable to disciplinary action.