Travel Grant for Participation at Conferences – Call for Applications
Applications must be submitted via email with the application form (in Word form) and supporting documents (in Pdf form) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 24:00, 31st October 2020. Applications arriving after the deadline will not be accepted. Please mark your email with the subject line “Travel Grant 2020_3” and your name.
You can only hand in your applications related to conferences to be held at least two weeks after the submission of this application and no later than 28th February 2021.
PhD students can apply for funding only in the case of active participation (delivering a paper or presenting a poster) at scientific conferences. Funding can be requested for registration fees only in case of a non-Hungarian conference. Having an abstract approved by the organizers of the conference is an advantage.
Documents to be submitted
- application form
- a letter of recommendation written by the applicant’s supervisor
- MTMT2 publication list
- if available: abstract approved by the organizers of the conference
- You need to have handed in a report on any previous conference you attended if it was supported by the Faculty.
- Active student status (when submitting the application and during the implementation).
- If you offer a course at the Faculty, its details (topic, evaluation method, literature, etc.) should be available in the Neptun system. (For assistance, please contact the Doctoral School at email@example.com )
The payment of registration fees have to be arranged by public procurement procedure. In order to start the procedure please contact the Doctoral School at firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible, no later than within 30 days after being notified about the decision.
Please plan your budget carefully because after the decision there is no way to increase the amount of funding.
Students who receive the grant must indicate in their presentations that their participation received financial support from this grant. You are required to write the following sentence on your slides or any other publication related to the supported activity:
“This project was supported by the EU-funded Hungarian grant EFOP-3.6.3.-VEKOP-16-2017-00007”
For the necessary logos, forms, PPT templates, etc., please contact email@example.com.
You are requested to send a short (one-page-long) report to firstname.lastname@example.org within 15 days after returning from the conference. Please also submit the conference abstract, your PowerPoint presentation, or the text of your presentation attached to the report. In addition, you will have to enclose to your report a certificate of attendance and a few photos (print screen) of yourself taken at the conference. Please note that the short report, the abstract and the photos will be placed on the Faculty’s website. If you fail to submit the report and all the required attachments, you will not be allowed to submit your application for any other grant offered by the Faculty.
Applications will be reviewed and ranked by the Faculty’s Scientific Committee, and the dean will make the decision based on the Scientific Committee’s recommendations. The following aspects will be taken into account in the decision process:
- Whether the submitted application corresponds with the goals and guidelines indicated in this call for applications.
- Whether the conference participation can be funded from other sources.
- Whether the applicant will present a paper or poster at the conference.
- The professional prestige of the conference.
- Whether the budget is realistic.
- Please note that it is an advantage to have your abstract approved by the organizers of the conference.
The decision about the applications is expected to be made on 15th November 2020.