Worlds Apart – The Many Faces of Social Scientific Research PhD Conference
The fundamental aim of the conference is to further the collaboration between the two universities, and to give an opportunity for PhD students to present their researches, and to build personal and institutional relationships.
The conference wishes to provide a premier interdisciplinary platform for young researchers to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the fields of social sciences.
The conference is open for young researchers who are enrolled students at a PhD program. They can apply with their PhD research or a research that is being supported by their PhD consultant.
Oral presentations are limited to 20 minutes, with 10 additional minutes allocated for Q&A.
The conference wishes to present an opportunity for Hungarian speaking students, therefore there is a possibility to apply for a Hungarian Panel, but in very limited numbers.
Date & Venue
Date: May 20–22, 2021
Venue: Online (MS Teams)
- Miklos Szabo, PhD, Assistant Professor – Interdisciplinary Social Research PhD Programme of Eötvös Loránd University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest, Hungary
- Mehrdad Arabestani, PhD, Associate Professor – Department of Anthropology Faculty of Social Sciences University of Tehran, Tehran, Iran
- Miklos Szabo, PhD, Assistant Professor – email@example.com
- Application for speakers: Registration closed. Please read the privacy notice.
- Application for attendees: You can submit your application using this application form. Please read the privacy notice.
- Registration fee: There is no registration fee for the conference.
- Conference language: English (and Hungarian)
- March 19, 2021 – Call for applications open
- April 30, 2021 – Deadline for submitting applications (for speakers)
- May 5, 2021 – Information about selected applications
- May 15, 2021 – The seminars program available
- May 20–22, 2021 – The conference take place
Application for speakers
Registration closed. Please read the privacy notice. The maximum length of an abstract is 500 words; the maximum number of keywords is 5.
With the conference program, a book of abstracts will be published electronically. By sending their abstracts, all authors agree to the publication of their abstracts by the organizers on the conference website.
We plan to offer a publication possibility in the journal “Antro-Pólus” of ELTE Department of Cultural Anthropology. After the conference, the authors of selected topics will be invited to submit full papers (3000–4000 words). Website of the Journal: https://tatk.elte.hu/folyoiratok/antro-polus
Application for attendees